4/14/2015

FLORAL SKIRT + MASTERING MULTI-COLORED OUTFIT WITHOUT GOING OTT

Its spring, and a post featuring a floral print is long overdue. Although my recent obsession is cherry blossoms(my Instagram is loaded with pics of cherry blossoms), I don't own any cherry blossom prints in my wardrobe, but i do have this floral skirt which is my favorite(previously seen here and here). I decided to go all colorful for this look, so opted for a cute pink top with ruched sleeve detail and bright yellow clutch. Kept the shoes neutral with tan sandals. 


While going for multi-colored outfit, i like to keep one accessory/detail neutral, either its a bag or shoes(mostly shoes for me as i don't own many colorful footwear). Following this rule keeps me from going OTT(over the top) with color craziness. For example, imagine the same look with a matching pink or yellow sandals, too matchy matchy, no? Now, imagine the outfit with a black or skin-color sandals, instantly uplifts the look, right? Thats what i like and try to achieve when going for multi colors.

Coat came out when it got chilly.

Outfit Details

Skirt - S.Y.L.K, Las Vegas (similar here, here)

Top - Street find from India (similar here, here)

Clutch - Caprese, India (Gifted, similar here, here)

Shoes - Target (similar here, here)

Sunglass - Marshalls (similar here, here)

What's your tip for nailing the multi-colored look? Will take all the pointers i can get. Let me know in the comments.

Thanks for reading!

xo
Hems
Don't forget to be in touch via social media :) Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely ensemble! I really like the vibrant floral skirt and clutch.

    Happy Sunday :)
    http://www.lovecompassionatelee.com/thinkoutloud

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey loved your shirt...lovely color. I have started a new blog. Hope you read it.
    http://shadesandsparkles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Avanti! Love the name of your blog...and i have the sultry matte balm, and love it! :)

      Delete

Thanks for writing in, i read and appreciate each and every comment.