8/04/2014

INSTAGRAMMING MY WEEKEND & FINALLY SOME HOME DECOR IN AGT

Hope you all had a relaxing weekend. This weekend was very fulfilling for me, and i am gonna tell you all why through my Instagram pics.

On friday we saw Snoqualmie falls (about 15 miles from our place) up close. This was the first tourist spot Tee took me to when i first came to Seattle. But we couldn't go down close to the falls then, as there was some construction work going on, and the path was closed. We heard that it's open now, so we drove down there this friday. The falls was breathtaking and refreshing up close. Later that night, we went to a movie, Guardians of the Galaxy. We both didn't like it,  gladly there was slight humor throughout the movie and thats the only thing that kept us awake.

On saturday we had brunch at local farmers market, and it was the sea fair weekend in Seattle, so afternoon was spent marveling at the flight show by the Blue Angels, US navy's flight demonstration unit. My salute to all the pilots all over the world who take up this brave job, its outstanding!

In the evening, after having some yummy biryani, we went swimming in the lake with friends. It was total fun, we plan to do it in the coming weekends too. At night (sunsets around 8.30 pm here), me and tee relaxed on our apartment's park bench, looking at the gorgeous sunset(above pic) because after a whole day of activities, we just wanted to relax that night.

It was a laid back Sunday for us and we spent it at home with some pancakes and "the killing" season marathon. We both love detective and crime solving stories, be it movie or series and this one's based in Seattle, so we couldn't not watch it. Completed season 1, now onto season 2, the suspense is killing me!

Made goan fish curry for dinner, and bought some creamy lavender ice cream home to balance out the spiciness of the curry. This ice cream is made from the same place where the above mentioned falls is, love local businesses. Let me know if you guys need the recipe of the fish curry, i will share here on the blog, it was YUM!

So i am all recharged for this week, and finally we are gonna talk some home decor here in AGT. Remember when i told you about my FL vacation plan in this outfit post, if not, you should take a look. So the part about telling you guys later, is here. Main reason of my Florida trip was to visit my SIL's family and to help with decorating their house. They bought a house recently and needed help with decorating the space. I offered to help and thus my two weeks in Palm Beach was spent shopping and decorating. I am gonna do a series of posts here in AGT with details on how we(mostly my SIL & me) decorated each space. Its not completely done yet(c'mon we had only 10 days), but we covered most of it, so it's worth blogging here or i think it is, and who doesn't like to look at some pretty home decor pictures right? So, get excited with me and stay tuned guys! 

I am pretty active in Instagram so follow me for daily updates and some cool photos in your Instagram feed ;) . My handle - @agoldentulip, follow me! xo, Hems.

12 comments:

  1. Such pretty photos girl! That chandelier is so pretty and I could totally go for some pancakes right about now LOL.

    Lauren xo
    Sophisticated In Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lauren. I kept clicking pictures of that chandelier :)

      xo

      Delete
  2. Such cool pics! Especially that airplane one. Makes me want to go to a Navy demonstration/plane show now. That lavender ice cream also looks so delicious! Jealous that I don't live out in Washington to get some of it. :p
    -E

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erin. That show was just incredible, and you should plan a trip, WA has some interesting places, can't beat the ice cream though ;)

      xo

      Delete
  3. Great post xx

    Let's keep in touch? Follow for follow ? Like each other on facebook?

    https://www.facebook.com/pages/LM-blog/205692649459454?ref_type=bookmark

    Laura Macij
    http://www.lauramacij.com/2014/08/summerlicious.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pics are totally awesome!
    Kisses

    Francesca http://everydaycoffee23.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Francesca..i like your name! :)

      xo

      Delete
  5. love finding another Seattle blogger! those Blue Angels were awesome...and super loud ;)

    http://heyprettything.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Carolyn, love your blog, glad you dropped by. And totally LOUD! :)

      xo

      Delete
  6. How decadent. I've never had lavender ice cream. I'm a fan of unusual ice creams though.
    Bright and Shiny

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for writing in, i read and appreciate each and every comment.