11/03/2014

OPENING MY BIRCHBOX: SEPTEMBER EDITION

Hope everyone had a fun halloween weekend. Daylight savings ended this sunday, hope all of you are adjusting well to the change. Today we are opening my september birchbox, I know its super late. October box will be up sooner, i promise.
Perlier Intensive Nurturing Body Balm
A moisturizing body cream from Italy that smells amazing. I got the shea lavender flavor, and its thick and creamy. Easy to apply on damp skin, but it tugs and get difficult to massage into dry skin. My tip for any thick body cream, always apply it on damp skin and see it just gliding on your skin smoothly. Skin felt smooth and moisturized, and i personally love the smell.
Its literally a face mask("nobody can stop me" kind), a black sheet filled with effective pore minimizing ingredients, you just put it on your face and press slightly so that it sticks to your face, absolutely no hassle. I had one sample sheet in my box, and i loved using it, the sheet was lightly chill and extremely moist, and i felt refreshed after using it. Instructions say not to rinse after using this mask, but oily skin might look greasy after using it, if you choose not to rinse.
I got the honey nectar shade in this lip balm, and its super smooth, and moisturizing, and the tint is sheer neutral shade. It doesn't cover the pigmented lips well and also its creamy, and settles into the creases of my lips, not a fan of that. If your lips are not pigmented and super smooth with no visible crease lines, then this tinted balm will be great for you.
Davines OI / Shampoo & Davines OI / Conditioner
Got these in a sachet, and used it once. Like the smoothing shampoo & conditioner i got from Davines earlier, this was extremely creamy to work with, but didn't do much to my frizzy hair, but hair felt soft to touch.
I got a good sample size of this one, and i am using it almost everyday and loving it. It helps(greatly) with detangling, and controls frizz a little bit. Great for everyday use and doesn't leave the hair greasy or weighed down, but take care not to apply too much.

TOCCA Eau de Parfum, Florence
As soon as i applied it the smell was so strong that i hated it. But in a few minutes the strong smell dies down and you get a floral(more of a jasmine) scent lingering on you. I didn't feel any fruity notes, it was all floral for me. Little goes a long way, its will be too strong if you spray too much. Might not suit everyone, i myself wont prefer this one.
All pictures in this post are taken from birchbox.com

My Picks
I am neither excited nor disappointed with my september box. Will be back with my october box soon.

Update: If you are interested to try this subscription service($10/month), subscribe to birchbox here (its my referral link). For readers in India, you can subscribe to something similar in India, check out fabbag.com or myenvybox.com.

Have a good week. xo, Hems

Connect with me

12 comments:

  1. I'm always looking for new masks, and that one sounds really nice! Do you think it would be okay for sensitive skin?

    http://mollyandstacie.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Molly, this mask might cause breakout on sensitive skin as the serum might be too strong for sensitive skin, you can read the reviews on birchbox website(https://www.birchbox.com/shop/dr-jart-pore-minimalist-mask-5x) for more helpful info..but it is hypoallergenic and paraben & sulfate free though.. hope this helps.. have a good week!

      Delete
  2. I never tried birchbox but it seems great to try out new products! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    Style Delights Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jyoti,
      Its especially good if you are looking to experiment...or to look for products which would work for you before buying the full size.. so glad you dropped by.. please keep reading...

      Delete
  3. The Face mask looks very interesting!

    www.dndb.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that its a sheet...totally mess free.. thanks for reading..

      Delete
  4. I got that shea butter but not in lavender. It works really well. I love it, but I bet I'd prefer the lavender one. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼ ☯

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cream is perfect for this season... the shea lavender smells amazing..

      Delete
  5. DSL is messing with my daily routine so badly..it gets dark too quickly! How does the Pixi lip balm compare to, say, Fresh? That's the brand I'm using now.

    Another Beautiful Thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Brittany...its gets dark just past 4, and its so depressing... Pix balm..i don't know how it compares with Fresh, haven't used that one..

      Delete
  6. some great stuffs there!
    http://theknotstory.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are okay..compared to other boxes i am not too happy with this one.. :/ have a good day!

      Delete

Thanks for writing in, i read and appreciate each and every comment.