11/25/2014

OPENING MY BIRCHBOX: OCTOBER EDITION

Hope you all are happily working through the short week, just one more day people, lets do this! For people who are wondering what i am talking about, this thursday is thanksgiving here, ergo a long weekend. Long weekends are almost common in India with so many holidays and festivals to celebrate(love 'em, miss 'em), but its hard to come by on this side of the world. So lets make hay while the sun shines and start having a great holiday weekend already. Happy thanksgiving to all who are celebrating. Happy feasting as well!
I have said goodbye to birchbox and cancelled my subscription. I may subscribe again some time in the future, but for now i am done with samples. I am ready to indulge in some well reviewed full size products. So one more review(november) and we will be done with this series(time to start a new one? Thinking hat's on!). Lets get this started.

Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips
First look at this product, you feel weird or confused whether this is a lip balm or a nipple balm. I would say its both. Works great as a lip balm, and as a healer for dry skin(hello cold weather). Its a multipurpose balm, like the Egyptian cream i reviewed here. The texture is like honey, kinda sticky. But goes on smoothly when a little pressure is applied. It gives a great shine on the lips when applied, so if you don't have pigmented lips, this might be all you need instead of your gloss. Buy it here.

Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle
Another multipurpose product, but this one's for hair. Its a heat protector, detangle-r, hair smoother, leave-in conditioner, and also smells amazing. Love this product. Only product i have come across(i don't come across that many honestly, but let me have this one) that controls my hair's frizz, smoothens it out and not make it greasy or straw-like. Good sample size too. And its 100% vegan. Definite winner in my book. Buy it here.

Camille Beckman Glycerine Hand Therapy
Hand cream. I always thought they were unnecessary. Body lotion was enough for me until i tried this one. Its amazing, smells great, extremely moisturizing yet not oily or thick, its the right consistency. Hands feel so soft and smooth, and it stays that way for a long time. Became my favorite product on the first try. If you have dry hands, then this is for you. I should remind myself to get one for my mom, she would really appreciate this one. Buy it here, readers in India - get it here.

dr. brandt pores no more vacuum cleaner
This is a blackhead extractor mask, but it didn't do it for me. Its a cream/mask you apply for 10 minutes on your blackheads and rinse off once the mask turns blue. Are the chemicals in the cream supposed to bring out the blackheads? i don't know, because it did nothing for me except causing a tiny breakout on my nose, nothing major thankfully. So i am scared to use this again, maybe after sometime, because i feel that it needs to be tried on a few times to see the result. I would prefer the good old nose strips to this one though. Buy this product here.

Coastal Scents Revealed 2 Palette
All images are taken from birchbox.com
Eyeshadow palette thats mainly marketed as a dupe for the more famous and expensive naked palette from Urban Decay. Its a neutral palette, perfect for natural and smokey eyes, for everyday looks. I got a tiny sample size with four shades in them. Two shimmery and two matte. Shimmery shades were one dark copper(love) and the other translucent pink, similar to Maybelline Color Show nail polish in Champagne Pink, its great for the inner corners of the eyes, brightens up instantly. Matte ones - one was tan or latte like and the other one was grey beige, weird reference but i am gonna do it, this shade is similar to but not same as the wall paint Revere Pewter from Benjamin Moore, and yes, i know my paints better than my palettes. I don't do eyeshadows, mostly because i don't know how to and i am not so good at it. But i like the fact that i have a good sample in my kitty when i feel like trying it out. These have nice pigmentation, and blend smoothly(i don't even own a blending brush). If you are into eye shadow palettes, or trying to master the skill then this budget friendly one is what you need. Buy it here, readers in India - get it here.

My picks:
  • Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle - the best product for my hair
  • Camille Beckman Glycerine Hand Therapy - perfect hand cream
  • Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips - heals dry skin
  • Coastal Scents Revealed 2 Palette - great product for the price
Can u tell from my picks how happy i am with my october box, yes, very happy. Love almost all the products. Probably a full size of one or two of these are in my future. Trying out the November box now, will be back with the last birchbox edition soon.

If you are interested to try this subscription service($10/month), subscribe to birchbox here (its my referral link). For readers in India, you can subscribe to something similar in India, check out fabbag.com or myenvybox.com.

Thanks for reading. Happy thanksgiving, and happy long weekend!

xo

Hems

Connect with me on Instagram or Facebook.

2 comments:

Thanks for writing in, i read and appreciate each and every comment.