7/18/2014

OPENING MY BIRCHBOX : JUNE EDITION

I recently subscribed to Birchbox (monthly subscription to sample size makeup and skin care products), and got my first box in june. The july's box will be waiting for me at home when i head back from Florida, can't wait. I don't do much makeup,  but i do try some now and then. I signed up with birchbox to begin experimenting with some skincare and makeup products without spending a whole lot of money on full size products which might end up not right for me. I thought i would do a post on the products i receive every month, and thus we have a new monthly series in AGT  "Opening my Birchbox".
The packaging was really good and trendy. Loved the pink exterior and inside the delicate covering in orange was a nice touch. There was a card with the list of products, its full size price and a short description of each product.
My june's box had the following items. You receive products based on your profile info which you fill out when u sign up for a birchbox account.

Davines Love Smoothing Shampoo
In the box - 2.5 fl oz - $7.5
The sample size of this product is quite a lot, can use for many washes. The texture of this shampoo is like a lotion, and smells good. My hair felt very soft while rinsing off the shampoo, almost like i applied a conditioner to my hair. My hair felt smooth to some extent once dry. Frizziness seemed a little controlled after air drying.

Davines Love Smoothing Conditioner
In the box - 2.5 fl oz - $1.41
The shampoo felt like a conditioner to me, so the actual conditioner was obviously very creamy and left my hair soft. I didn't see a huge difference after drying though. In fact i felt my hair looked more weighed down after using this. But i feel that way after using all or any of the conditioners, so thats just me.

Davines Ol / All In One Milk
In the box - 0.13 fl oz - $0.80
I didn't use this one quite a lot, the sample was in a sachet, and i was spilling it while applying. I don't blow dry my hair daily, so i didn't notice a huge difference on the styling point. To me it felt just like any other serum or leave-in conditioner out there.

Egyptian Magic Skin Cream
In the box - .25 oz - $3.25
This is one cream that has celebrity following and lots of people rave about it. But i didn't know about this cream until i got it in my box. The texture is like a petroleum jelly and not like a cream/lotion. You can apply this one anywhere and everywhere. I used it on my face at night to moisturize, since i am having a dry skin season now. It moisturized my skin well, but i also felt my skin looked more oily because of this(i have combination skin). Sample size has quite a lot, i am planning to use it on my foot and hair in the coming days.

LAQA & Co Sheer Lip Lube Pencil - Menatour
In the box - 0.07 oz - $18.00 (Box had the full size)
This is a tinted sheer lip gloss with shea butter to moisturize. I got the 'Menatour' which is the purple shade. I have used it few times, and i love it. The shade is quite unique, a mix of purple and pink. Not too heavy, but gives a nice purple tinted gloss on the lips. It transfers quite easily(Tee often sports purple lips nowadays ;)). After some wear time the shade turned pink. The texture is creamy and glides easily, and moisturizes well. I would have never bought this shade if i didn't get it in my box, the shade is quite unique and i love it now.

Folle De Joie Eau De Parfum
In the box - 0.06 fl oz - $1.72
I love sample size perfumes for their tiny size and easy usage. This folle de joie perfume has a light, feminine scent. I don't know to explain the middle tone and stuff as i am not much of a perfume person, but i love this scent. Its not too strong, comes of as light and delicate, perfect for summer time.

Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser
In the box - 0.2 oz - $1.6
I have been wanting to try Suki products for sometime now, and i was happy seeing this one in my box. Sample size is small, but a little goes a long way, so i have used it multiple times. The texture is like a scrub with granules but it gets dissolved and turns into a soft cleanser while massaging on the face. Love the citrusy fragrance. My face felt really soft and rejuvenated, especially on consecutive uses.

My Picks from the june box:
  • LAQA & Co Sheer Lip Lube Pencil - for its unique color and creamy texture.
  • Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser - for the softness felt on my skin after using this.
  • Folle De Joie Eau De Parfum - love the lightness of this one. 
I loved my first month subscription box. The sample sizes were good in most products, and the brands are upscale and of good quality. Monthly subscription fee is $10 and i am sure i got products worth more than that(as you can see above, i did the math, its over $30). If you are interested, subscribe to birchbox here (its my referral link). Try it, you might just find your new HG product. Itching to get my hands on july's box.

Do you subscribe to Birchbox or any other subscription boxes? Which product surprised you this month? Can't believe its friday already, TGIF! Lotsa of work going on at my SIL's place, we have a party tomorrow(yay!), and gotta go jump in the pool tonight to relax. You all have a great weekend!  xo, Hems.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you got a good handful of some good products. At one point I was also subscribed to Birchbox but I unsubscribed after almost a year because I didn't really use or enjoy the products I was receiving. But this post kind of makes me want to sign up again. :) Looking forward to more posts!If you had a moment could you check out my new post, I would love your input!
    http://simplyeasierliving.blogspot.com/
    Thanks
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, I got some good products this time, and you should think about signing up again :) Loved your post on looking at the sky for relaxation. Thanks for dropping by, Laura.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. seems like a great bunch of products.
    http://theknotstory.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for writing in, i read and appreciate each and every comment.