3/02/2015

INDIA PHOTO DIARY

I know i know...i have been MIA for more than three weeks now. In this gap, i bid goodbye to my family in India, travelled back to Seattle, was homesick for India, and fell actually sick catching severe cold. Getting back the groove took some time. But i am back now!

Today, i am sharing some pictures i took during my stay in India. I traveled alone(Tee stayed back in Seattle), and i stayed at home most of the days of my vacation with my parents and grandparents, and had the best time with my family doing nothing. I felt like i was the same little girl again who cried every time her grandmother had to go back, so my grandma always snuck out when i was napping, and all hell broke loose when i woke up and not find her at home. So here's few snapshots from my travel, mostly taken at home. If you are following me via IG, you might have already seen few of these photos as i was constantly gramming when i was in India. But there are few pics exclusive to this post, so take a peek.
The smaller entrance to our home which is rarely used, but its probably the coolest(breezy kind) place in our home with all the shade from the trees, trick to how we battle summer heat in India.

We have a pretty big garden in our home. If you are from any village or town in India, or live in the suburbs of a city, having a garden is no big deal, but ours is quite big for a garden(i am so not bragging) and have lots of trees and plants, including two mango trees, two star gooseberry trees, and the list goes on.
Cow peas from our garden.

Quail eggs from my cousin's farm. My first time eating quail eggs, and it was super yum, i liked fried  ones more than the poached ones though.


Lemons and plantains from our garden. Told you that the list goes on.


Its all farm lands(paddy fields) surrounding our home, and it was the harvest season when i got home. 



Colorful flowers in our garden

Its a handmade rattle for babies made out of palm tree leaves. Mom got it from a rattle maker for Rs.20/- and keeps saying thats its become very expensive these days.

Dad's laughing buddha collection at home.

Our pet dog, Pinky! <3 Mom rescued her and 6 other just born puppies from the street almost 2 years ago when their mother died. All 6 of them got adopted except this adorable face. So my parents decided to keep her. We lost our German Shepherd, Juno past Oct, he's been with us for 12 years since he was 6 months old. It was a major loss to our family, but we were glad that Pinky was there to bring us out of the sorrow soon. Juno sure did enjoy her company the past one year they were together when she was a little puppy. 
And this other adorable puppy(then and now) is another pet, and she is at my in-laws place. I was there last year when they got her home, in fact i was the one who carried her home, and she was the cutest thing i had ever seen(left pic). Now she is 1 year old, all grown up(right pic) and full of love and enthusiasm.

My grandmother rocking the midi-rings with me.

And thats my hand filled with South Indian style mehendi. its been more than a decade since i had this, but i was so glad i did it this time :)

My mom, grandma and me making murukku, a savory snack item that's very famous in India.

I cooked only one dish when i was in India(which is a first, cause i never cook when i am home) and it turned out yum!

My cousin's daughter (niece) made me this ring made out of elastic (rubber band) matching my clothes that day. She is so into DIY, and i have been given a list of items to get her on my next visit.

I wore colorful kurtas with gold accessories everyday. 
Bracelet - Baublebar, Rings - Forever21, Kurta - Max fashion, India

I went to a wax printing factory one day. Tried my hand at wax printing, and boy, you need practice to align the designs perfectly.

Warehouse stocked with colorful wax printed fabric.

Designs for wax printing are made by arranging nails according to the design you want.

Bracelet - Baublebar, Eye liner - Ulta, Kurta - W for Woman, India

All set to go shopping with mom. 
Shoes - Target (similar), Bag - Fossil, Kurta - Max Fashion, India


Saree shopping for mom.

Thats it guys! The photo diary of my trip to, i would rather say home than India. I didn't go to travel more, i went there to be with my family, and thats exactly what i did! I had the most relaxing time, and i wouldn't have had it any other way.

Thanks so much for reading!

xo
Hems
Find me on social media

18 comments:

  1. Anonymous3/02/2015

    Beautiful pictures

    Mel
    www.girlandthepolkadot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your Pics are so beautiful.
    www.indianbeautytouch.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m in love with your blog! I like your photos and style of writing! I know that it requires so much time to update blog, but keep doing it!)
    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for dropping by and for all the kind words! :) Would love to check out your blog.

      Delete
  4. Great photos, love all the colours.

    http://www.mintnotion.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You took me back to my childhood days! The mehendi, the village, the garden, the muruku - soo many memories. Love this post. :)
    www.myfadeddenim.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you enjoyed reading this post, Rohita! :)

      Delete
  6. Anonymous3/05/2015

    Looks like you had a fun time! That printing sounds so hard O_O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, and its looks simple, but its when you do it you know how hard it is.. thanks for reading! :)

      Delete
  7. Thanks for sharing these photographs with us! They brought joy to my senses.
    Happy Friday Hems :D

    http://www.lovecompassionatelee.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleasure's all mine..thank you! :)

      Delete
  8. Wow, such beautiful photos!

    http://greenrevivalblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are gorgeous photos!!

    -Ashley
    www.ashleykiraand.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are awesome, i would absolutely love to go someday!

    xx danielle // shades of danielle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for writing in, i read and appreciate each and every comment.