3/20/2015

MY FIRST SPRING IN SEATTLE

Happy first day of spring, people! Sidewalks of Seattle are covered with fresh, colorful flowers already. Last year's spring season was my first in Seattle and it was quite packed for us with beautiful places and fun times. I am gonna share few snippets here today.
Rolling back to mid March, 2014. I got back from my India trip just a day before the first day of spring. Seattle had already transformed from sullen winter chills to crisp spring chills, and i couldn't be happier. Also that's when i cut my mid-back length hair super short.

One weekend we went on a date night to Seattle waterfront. Spent our time strolling the waterfront park, and riding in the Seattle's great wheel. Great wheel was magnificent at night with all those colorful lightings.


One other weekend we hiked the Tiger Mountain's Poo Poo point. It was a rainy and chilly day, but we had fun hiking this trail. It was a little tough for me as i am not much of hiker, but i did it anyway.


Another weekend we visited the Washington Park Arboretum, the Botanical Gardens of Seattle, with few of our friends. The park was filled with colorful flowers. There were a lot of people, jogging, hiking, walking their pets, being touristy, playing with their kids, and doing photo-shoots. Its a perfect place to take some portrait pictures. Its a huge park, and you can leisurely spend a day exploring the different trails of the park.





One weekend in April, which is supposed to be the best time to visit, we went to the Tulip festival in Skagit valley with friends. It was stunning, I couldn't take my eyes off of the most beautiful flower bed in front of me. I had seen and admired these in Indian movies, but being there, and capturing everything with my naked eye was a whole different feeling. I would rather say its a must have experience than a must visit place. I was so inspired by the beauty, that i came home and named my blog after those tulips and the rest is history (or in archives ;) ).








So, if you are new to the city, or planning to visit Seattle this spring, then you know what to do. You will have an amazing time, just like we did. We might be visiting some of these places again this year in addition to checking out some new places. But that's another post for another day. Until then, take care!

Thanks for reading. Happy weekend!

xo
Hems
Find me on social media

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous3/20/2015

    Beautiful pictures! I want to visit Seattle some day

    Mel
    www.girlandthepolkadot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mel! :) and you should, its beautiful here this season..

      Delete
  2. welcome to Seattle! this Spring is amazingly warm!

    http://heyprettything.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carolyn. This is my 2nd spring though, been here for almost 2 years now :) And yes, loving the weather.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photos! Would love to visit this place on day, the flowers are so colorful.

    http://www.racheldinh.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel.. yes, its beautiful this time around, do visit soon..

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous photos! I went to Seattle in the spring a few years ago and was blown away by its beauty.
    xx,

    Paisley

    www.paisleynotplaid.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Paisley! And you have a beautiful name!:)

      Delete

Thanks for writing in, i read and appreciate each and every comment.