7/12/2016

HOW TO PACK FOR TROPICAL VACATION THIS SUMMER

Kaanapali beach, Maui, Hawaii
Its been a while since my last post. And all i can say is that i have become downright lazy. But laziness is only with writing cause i am still obsessed with capturing daily life and regularly update my Instagram (@agoldentulip). So if you find me absent here, you can catch up with me on the social media. And if you did see my updates on Instagram, you would know that me and my husband, T went on a vacation to Hawaii few weeks ago. It was a celebratory vacation for our 3rd wedding anniversary. While we have never been happier in our relationship than we are in these recent few months(maybe its being the new homeowners? i don't know, but more on our home later), we really wanted to go somewhere to celebrate. Hawaii was a no-brainer cause we have seen our fair share of the mountains(check out our Alaska travel diaries here, here, here and here), and wanted to go somewhere tropical, and decided on Maui, Hawaii.

It was only 4.5 days but i had the most fun packing and dressing up in Maui. I mixed and matched between 4 tops, 1 pair of pants and two shorts(one denim and other cotton-white) i packed for this trip. I also wore 4 dresses, 2 casual ones as cover ups and 2 dressier ones for evenings or dinners. In terms of accessories, i had 1 hat, 1 cross body bag, 1 pair of sunglasses, 1 tote, and 3 pairs of shoes(but used only 2 pairs mostly). I had two swimsuits with me for the entire trip and alternated between them. And i packed all this in my smaller-than-usual carry-on luggage without much space issues. I roll my clothes and i feel that i always get more space when i roll than fold.
As for makeup, other than a lip tint i used nothing. I applied my Neutrogena water gel, and sunscreen and i was ready to go. And when i got compliments from fellow vacationers that i was glowing like we are newly weds i realized that all you need is the magic of Maui and not a load of makeup.
Sunglasses - GAP, Dress - Forever 21(similar)

So here goes a comprehensive list:
  1. Cotton tops
  2. Shorts (Denim and cotton)
  3. Wide leg pants
  4. Couple casual dresses/cover ups
  5. One or two evening dresses
  6. Two or more swimsuits
  7. 3 pairs of shoes (flat sandals - for evenings/dinners, slip on shoes - for walking around, flip flops - for the beach)
  8. Pair of sunglasses
  9. A hat
  10. A cross-body bag
  11. A beach tote
  12. Sunscreen/Moisturizer
  13. Lip tint
  14. Hair serum/Argon oil - to nourish the post beach hair.
Here's all my looks from our Hawaii trip.
Dress(similar) & Shoes -Target (both from 2 years ago), Hat(similar) - Nordstrom, 
Bag(similar) - Marshalls 

Top - Ralph Lauren, Shorts(similar) - Target, Shoes & Sunglasses(similar) - GAP



Top(similar) & Bag - Forever 21, Shorts(similar) - Target, Shoes - Madewell
Sunglasses(similar) - GAP, Headband(similar) - Zara

Top - Loft, Pants - Old from Shanti Nagar, Chennai, 
Head wrap(similar) - Zara

Dress(similar) - ASOS

Bag - Forever 21, Hat(similar) - Nordstrom, Sunglasses(similar) & Shoes - GAP, Bag Charm - from Maui

Hope this was helpful. Let me know where you are heading this summer and whats on your carry-on in the comments below.

Thanks for reading.

xo,
Hems

P.S Just realized that this is my 100th post, woohoo!!

Come say hi on Social Media

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing in, i read and appreciate each and every comment.