9/04/2014

VINTAGE CHIC: TUNIC + TOP-KNOT OOTD

Lately i have been thinking a lot about changing my look with a new hairstyle. While the change is still in my thoughts, i decided to work with what i have for now, and try something basic. This particular day i decided to try the top knot with proper tutorials, not my usual "pull-all-the-hair-up-and-pin-it" one. I watched some videos, grabbed my comb, hair tie & bobby pins, began twisting and turning my hair, in the end ta-da, i had a decent top knot without using a lot of products. Its not perfect obviously, i plan to practice while i binge watch new york fashion week live at http://newyorkfashionweeklive.com/ for the rest of the week.
This top knot reminded me of the "Nadhiya Kondai"(translated as "Nadhiya's bun" ), a hairstyle named after a famous actor of 80s indian cinema. She is known for her quirky jewelry, colorful clothes and of course the hairstyle. So i decided to go a little vintage-y(80s is vintage people, 90s is gonna follow soon) with tunics, leggings, and a cardigan, all in different colors and prints, honoring the ever beautiful and charming Nadhiya. My mom is a huge fan of the actor.

Outfit Details
Tunic - from India (similar)
Cardigan - Target (similar)
Leggings - from India (similar)
Shoes - Bata, India (similar)
Earrings - from India (similar)
Long chain - F21 (similar)
Rings - F21, H&M (similar, similar)
Wide bracelet - from Singapore (similar)


I bought these flats couple years ago, these are my first ballet flats(i was not a flats kinda girl back then), i have worn them so many times, on so many different occasions yet they are still good and i love them for it. They are rain friendly too, but needs some breaking in initially. So if you are in India, you should totally grab one of these. Who is inspiring you this week? xo, Hems

Shop my outfit:


Would love to hear your feedback. Connect with me on Facebook or Twitter. Do follow me on Instagram for daily updates.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous9/04/2014

    Love the look! Too cute! :)

    http://life15juicy.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mixing of patterns here :)

    -- Michelle | MXP STYLE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hii sweety !!
    I love your gold ring and bracalet !! I just love gold accesories !!
    www.rizarelrizzo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cardigan

    www.highheelsandtutus.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for writing in, i read and appreciate each and every comment.